EXTRACTION OF TEETH
INDICATION FOR EXTRACTION OF PERMANENT TEETH
1. Grossly decayed teeth which cannot be saved by conservative procedures, Roots and fragments.
2. Teeth that are foci of infection. Teeth with non-vital pulp, where root canal is not possible.
3. In case of severe periodontoclasia in which excessive bony support of the teeth is destroyed.
4. Teeth in line of radiation therapy.
5. Teeth mechanically interfering with placement of restorative appliances.
6. Impacted or unerupted teeth., Supernumerary teeth, Retained deciduous teeth.
7. Tooth with fractured roots.
8. Malposed teeth not amenable to Orthodontic treatment.
9. Teeth traumatizing soft tissues.
10. Teeth associated with cysts and other pathologies.
INDICATION FOR EXTRACTION OF DECIDUOUS TEETH
1. Extensive decay resulting in death of the dental pulp. and where pulpotomy and pulpectomy impossible.
2. Deciduous teeth interfering with the normal eruption and alignment of their permanent successor.
3. Sinus opening through mucoperiosteal membrane.
4. Evidence of periapical infection.
5.When the root is fractured as a result of subsequent infection.
6. Supernumerary teeth.
POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Keep the sponge held firmly between your jaw and over the operative site for full half an hour.
2. Do not use mouthwash for six hours after oral surgery; vigorous use of mouthwash may stimulate bleeding.
3. In case of mild bleeding place lukewarm water in the mouth. In case of severe bleeding place a warn soaked tea bag over the bleeding and cover it with gauze biting firmly and call your dentist.
4. In case of swelling and followed by discoloration, patient need not worry because it’s an absolutely normal event.
5. Pain in case or afterwards of surgical procedure is a normal phenomenon. Post operative pain can be controlled by taking medicine. If severe pain develops accompanied by bad taste then return to your dentist for this treatment.
6. To control swelling which develops post operatively apply ice pack or towels wrung out of ice water. Day after operation apply heat to your face.
7. Rigid cleanliness is necessary of the remaining teeth. Mouth wash in a glass of lukewarm water. This promotes healing.
8. Avoid meat and food difficult to masticate for a few days. Eat plenty of fruits and drink eight to ten glasses of water, fruit juice and other fluids daily.